Thursday, February 26, 2009

Terminology

I didn't realize that I hadn't posted anything in such a long time until my Grandmother reminded me that she hadn't seen anything in a while.
Since we have been here there have been a few times that we say something and people look at us like we are crazy. It happened again tonight so I thought I would share some of the funny terminology we have run into.
We call it --- --- They call it
Long johns (winter time long underwear) --- --- Long underwear or thermals, but they call a bar donut (like a maple bar) a long john.
Drinking Fountain --- --- The bubbler
Jojo's --- --- Potato wedges
French Dip --- --- Italian sandwich
Oregon --- --- Same spelling but pronounced Ore-g-on
I know there are some others, but those are the big ones that we laugh about often.

No comments: