Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One Year Gone

We left Spokane and Washington State on October 1st, 2008. Brian started working his apprenticeship on October 13th, 2008. We therefore have hit his one year mark. It is a bit like looking in Alice’s rabbit hole when I think of what this year has brought us and where it has taken us. We have been back to WA twice; once by plane and once by train/car. The kids and I stayed for six weeks each time and Brian got to stay for a week. We lived in the 5th wheel for about six months and then bought a house, which we have been in for about six months. Angela has been homeschooled and in public school. Both she and Connor have celebrated a birthday growing one year older and more ornery. The each have taken swimming lessons and Angela has also participated in the swim team. I have grown quite active here, getting involved with the church, teaching water aerobics and being elected to the steering team of my MOPS group. Brian is soon to be “stepping” again in his apprenticeship; this will make him a fourth step. There are a total of seven steps until he can test to become a journeyman lineman. It is really exciting to see how much he enjoys working and learning the trade. As I sit here typing this The Byrd’s song To Every Season is running through my head: To everything (turn, turn, turn) there is a season (turn, turn, turn) and a time for every purpose under heaven. This song is a direct quote of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 and it seems so true of our lives; the fact that there is a time for every matter under heaven.

1 comment:

Ruhammie said...

This past year sure has flown by, and we both have new babies too! I miss having you closer to home now that I no longer work. I joined a MOPS group here, it's interesting.