Thursday, November 18, 2010

Connor is * 4 *

On Sunday the 7th, my baby turned 4.  It is absolutely amazing how fast time can go.  I remember people telling me to enjoy the baby times because they would soon be gone and now four years later I wonder where they went. 

That morning I woke up and went to relax in Emeric's room before anyone else woke up.  Once I heard everyone else stirring I grabbed Emeric and we headed out.  I met Brian in the hall and he asked me where Connor was.  I assumed he was in his bedroom, but when we checked it was empty.  I was afraid that he was downstairs getting into his cake so when quickly headed down, calling his name.  We looked around downstairs and could not find him.  About the time just after feeling uneasy and just before panic we noticed the basement light was on and the door was slightly open.  We went down there asking if he was downstairs.  Sure enough he says yes.  We had hidden unopened present in the basement and he had seen it the day before.  Brian told him he had to wait.  So that morning he grabbed the kitchen stool and headed down to retrieve it.  It was too funny.

We had a good breakfast of waffles and went to church.  Our thought was to have lunch and then open presents and have cake and ice cream.  We got lunch ready but there was not waiting to eat it.  He was so very ready to open his presents.  He got some clothes, cars, a movie, books, a lamp, a castle and a video game.  He spent the entire afternoon playing with all of his toys. 

His birthday cake was an adventure all in itself.  I have a birthday cake book and I usually let the kids pick from there what they would like for their birthday cake.  It is super easy, just follow the directions.  Connor, of course, can't do it the easy way.  He tells me about a month before his birthday that he wants an Optimus Prime cake.  The night before his birthday, Brian (as my coach) and I spent about an hour making his cake.  I had one of Connor's toys spread out and I did my best to replicate it.  He was really please with it; especially after he put the balloons into Optimus' hands.  All in all it was a good birthday.


No comments: