Saturday, June 6, 2009

Connor's First Haircut

We'll my posts got a little out of order. Connor got his first haircut on Thursday May 28th. After just over two and a half years his hair had finally gotten a bit too long into his eyes. I really enjoy his curls and so we did not give him the traditional "boys" cut. Instead we just trimmed up the bangs and a little of everything else. We went to a local barber shop, which had a fun old time feel. They had a chair that resembled an old carousel horse. Just like a seasoned cowboy, he climbed right up into the chair. Once in the chair, he just sat stoic like, not moving or saying anything. That really surprised me, since Connor is a mover and a shaker, but he did a great job. Afterwards, he got a Tootsie pop sucker for his "troubles", which he really enjoyed. We then went out for a celebratory dish of ice cream. I don't know if it was to reward him or to comfort me, but either way it worked. On the way home from the barber shop, I cried for the loss of my son's hair. I realized afterwards that I didn't save any hair, which maybe I should have, but there really was not enough to save. Trimming up the bangs really does help as he can see what he is doing now.

No comments: