Monday, June 1, 2009

Girl's Weekend

What a wonderful, amazing weekend. First off, the sunshine and warmth were great. I have heard speculation that Eastern Washington may be loosing Spring and Fall. The thought is that it may just be a Winter and Summer area. I really like the warmth of Summer so I don't know how difficult that would be for me to embrace. Saturday, I met up with a sister-in-law for a day/night of fun. We started out with pedicures. I got my toes painted like watermelons, how fun. I bought polish so that I can do this to Angela's toes. Then we had facials. If I had my choice between the two I would definitely do a facial again. Really, I can rub lotion into my own feet, but the massaging of the face and the hot cloths - amazing! We spent some time window shopping at Finders Keepers (in downtown Spokane) and at the Tin Roof (between downtown and the valley). Next we visited this great organic restaurant called ???, darn I can not remember the name. It is kitty corner from the Tin Roof on Sprague. It uses all organic products and it is a total sliding fee place to eat. None of the food is priced, you pay what you think is a reasonable price for the food you take. If you can't afford to pay then you can give what little you have or you can volunteer an hour of time for a meal of food. It is all on the honor system and I think it is a perfect idea. It also has really good looking food. We had a hunk of rhubarb cobbler and it was so yummy, it just seemed to melt in your mouth. After that we headed out to our hotel. We stayed at the Red Lion Templins in Post Falls. We enjoyed a relaxing walk along the docks. The sun was out, it was warm, the water was lapping at the shore and I couldn't think of anything more enjoyable at that time. We went and got massages that evening. There were a few times the masseuse really dug his thumbs in and I thought, "why am I here?" but then he'd loosen up and it would feel oh so good. We walked out of there in a relaxed euphoria or stupor. I would kind of relate it to coming out of surgery, you should have someone pick you up and drive you home. Also, you probably should not be making any major financial/life decisions or drive heavy machinery. Thankfully we were doing none of the above, we were just on our way to a dinner of chicken fried steak. I had the breakfast and she had the dinner and they both hit the spot! That night in the hotel we laughed and giggled while watching the movie "Bride Wars". We also enjoyed soaking out hands in some paraffin wax. They felt so smooth when we were done. The next day, we picked up Angela and headed to the mall. We had Pita Pit for lunch. This was a first for me and I would definitely go back, the pitas were really good. We ended off the weekend with a trip to Build-A-Bear. Angela had a coupon from her birthday and we seemed to have not gotten around to using it until now. She picked out a pink bear with white heart and named her Hailey. She was able to get a cute sun dress and flip flops for her as well as a pair of shorts. Angela has not let her out of her sight since. Well, as I started this out, it was a wonderful, amazing weekend!

No comments: