Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Scoop

I have been enjoying sewing over these last few weeks. I made those pod swaddlers and then I worked on a few other projects. We are planning on using cloth diapers for the baby. Therefore one of my projects was flannel baby wipes. Might as well have something else we can reuse - this being green can be fun. Then I made a bag for my clothes pins. Silly, I know, but I had fun and it allowed me to practice making button holes. Brian needed a flag for our canoe, since it sticks aways out of the back of the truck. Then over the weekend I finished "The Scoop". It is a combination play mat/toy bag. When the mat is open it is a nice big round space for baby to play. Then when you are all done, you just close it up toys and all and it is a handy bag. Angela and I joked about closing it up with baby too, but I know know that he/she would like that. It was a lot of fun and super easy to make this project. I can't wait for whatever may be my next project.

No comments: