Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Welcome Emeric!

The newest addition to our family, Emeric Russell, is ten days old. WOW! Where did this time go? Well I know that a lot of it has not been spent on the computer. I've quickly checked e-mails, but that is it. Now that I am between feedings I will quickly get some typing in.

Emeric was born on September 19th, 2009 at 4:24 am. He was two to three days past his due date (depending on which MD you talk to). But once this little guy decided to come, he didn't take his time. I had my first contraction at 1:22 am and as you may have noticed he was born 3 hours and 2 minutes later. I was at the birth center for 23 minutes when he came into this world. Yes, we pushed it just a bit on leaving the house. We left our house around 3:15 am and I was back sitting on the couch naping at 10:00 am. Since he and I were healthy and fine there is nothing like a birth center birth, they get you in and get you home. Except for the fact that I had been up half the night and just had a baby, so I was tired, I couldn't stand just sitting on the couch. I had to get up and move around. It was really hard not to help mom and Brian with things. Now that they are both gone back home and to work, I really miss their extra hands.

Things are settling in just fine here, now my big task is to remember to take lots of pictures for everyone back home.

P.S. Here is the yummy peach pie I made when he was four days old.

No comments: