Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Million Pound Challenge

I have been thinking about New Years Resolutions. For the year of 2009 I decided to read my Bible from cover to cover. I am a little behind in my reading therefore stay tuned to see if I get it completed. With New Years at the end of this week I have been wondering what I could do for 2010. I do not like to do weight loss/get in shape resolutions because they seem to be something that does not work out. Maybe it is because they are not detailed enough and they leave lots of wiggle room. Well I just signed up for something that I think will work really well, the Million Pound Challenge. They advertised it as a weight loss program but after a bit of research I found out it is also an exercise program. It is also set up to help the needy. This is how it works: for every pound you lose or for every hour you exercise the sponsoring group will donate 10 pounds of food to the Second Harvest food bank. This challenge runs from the beginning of January to the end of May. Today I signed up for the weekly exercising and I am so excited for it. I am making it pretty easy on myself. I teach water aerobics 2 hours per week and then I will add in 1 other hour of exercise. Not only will I have a set goal working out 3 hours per week, which will help my fitness, I will also be helping out others in need - I love it.  Here is the link for those interested: www.princetonclub.net/mpc/.

No comments: