Monday, May 16, 2011

Friday the 13th

This past weekend, I heard many people complaining of Friday the 13th bad luck.  I sure didn't think it was a day full of bad luck.  Maybe that is because it was my birthday and it was fabulous. 

Some women turn 29 every year because they don't want to admit to being in their 30s.  I want to turn 29 every year because I got completely spoiled. 
I have some of the most amazing friends ever!

I woke up that morning thinking that it was going to be a day like any other.  Since Brian was out of town and the kids are a little too young, I didn't expect much.  I had just barely gotten out of bed and I was taking Emeric downstairs for breakfast when there was a knock at the door.  Mind you I am in just my bathroom (my summer one - so its a bit short) and before I could tell Angela and Connor not to open the door, they did.  Fortunately it was a friend of mine bringing me a little birthday treat.  It was a yummy brownie with nuts and frosting on top.  Did I mention it was really yummy.  I made it last three days and I even shared with the kids.  Before school Angela gave me a little note with a poem that said, "You're 29, so I've been told.  Did you know that you're really old!"  She also gave me some coupons that I can exchange for jobs around the house.  I can't wait to use them.  That morning, I did my weekly grocery shopping and then took Connor to speech.  When I got home a friend called asking if I would be home for her to bring me lunch.  Another yummy treat - Chinese food.  She got me a card and a beautiful necklace that I think I want to wear every day!  That afternoon, while scrubbing tubs and toilets, a friend left me a message saying she didn't think I should cook on my birthday and invited us all over for dinner.  That was something very exciting to look forward to.  After my cleaning there was a knock on the door.  Another friend had sent me a beautiful vase of flowers.  It is sitting on my kitchen counter where I can look at it many times throughout the day.  After school Angela had a program at the library.  While she was there I went shopping and got myself some new clothes.  It feels really good to get something nice to wear.  Dinner was wonderful (I was right to look forward to it).  While we were just getting ready to sit down I got a phone call inviting me to go out for drinks that evening.  I quickly found a babysitter and was able to enjoy a few drinks and some karaoke.  Whew, Friday is done, but my birthday was not.  I had a friend who was out of town Friday so she planned a girl's night/birthday party for Saturday evening.  We had some drinks, soaked our feet, painted our nails, ate snacks, laughed, played Cranium and had an all around good time.  I got the book One Yard Wonders which has been on my wish list for some time.  I have a few projects in mind that I can't wait to make.  I also got a bottle of wine that I am really looking forward to drinking.  

As you can see, 29 is Amazing!  I hope that next year I can turn 29 again.  Although 30 might just be better. 

1 comment:

Ruhammie said...

Happy late Birthday!!! We were travelling down to Corvallis for a family reunion. Glad you had such a wonderful day! How did your FBF turn out??