Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Laci's Birthday

This year, 2012, was a very fun birthday year for me!!  It was the BIG 30!!  Brian about had a coronary when he turned 30 but I was super excited.  The day before my birthday I participated in a half marathon.  That was really good to finish it especially with Brian and the kids cheering for me.  I will be trying to do another one of those again.  Then the day of, which was also Mother's Day, I got to sleep in a little bit.  Then the kids brought me breakfast in bed (breakfast casserole, orange cinnamon rolls and champagne).  After church we went to Madison to complete a couple of errands and we finished up with dinner at the Nitty Gritty ~ Madison's Birthday Bar.  We went to the Middleton location which I understand is a little quieter than the Downtown one.  They did sing to me but it wasn't any 'special' song like I had heard about.  I guess next year I will have to try the other location.  It was fun to get a special glass and free refills of birthday punch all night. 

To top off the fun of being 30 (and Brian being 35) we had a big party on May 26th.  We had invited close to 40 people to come but I think we ended up with just under 30 who showed up.  We had an absolutely amazing time that evening.  I think we need to do something like it again without the need of a birthday to celebrate, just a time to get a bunch of friends together!

No comments: