Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I've Been Baking

Brian ended up heading out of state for work this past Thursday evening. [He has now been to Minnesota for a tornado and Iowa for an ice storm]. I had made plans to be out of town all day Saturday for a women's conference. I needed some place for Angela and Connor to go. It ended up being four places and since Saturday was National Bake a Pie Day, I baked pies for every one as 'Thank You' gifts. I baked two pumpkins, 1 pecan, a chocolate cream, a banana cream and a sour cream lemon.

I was so happy to have the kids safe and happy so that I could attend the conference without any worry or stress. It was a wonderful day with Lisa Harper and Kim Hill. Kim led us in our worship all day. Her guitar player and vocalist used to sing back up for Wynona and boy did she have a voice. But Lisa Harper, WOW, I think I have become a little bit of a Lisa Harper junkie. I saw her at Women of Faith in October of last year. I am participating in a book study group and we are using her book What Every Girl Wants: the Song of Solomon (I had her sign it for me). I am super disappointed that our library does not have any of her books. I have been scouring Amazon.com to find some in my budget. She is a Bible scholar/theologian who does an amazing job of relating the bible to today’s culture so that it comes alive and makes sense. I am hoping to be able to see her speak again. Until then, I am on the book hunt!


2 comments:

Jen said...

This is so impressive. You have no idea. First of all, high altitude baking often holds me back. But pies just seem intimidating. I would watch your kids anytime if pies were involved. You have lucky friends!

Rachel said...

YOu can borrow my "A Perfect Mess" when I'm done with it...