Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Potato Chip Cookies

Okay so right about now most of you are thinking that I had a typo in the header of the post. Therefore, you are reading it again to make sure you read it right. Now you're saying to yourself, "potato chips cookies - yuck!" Well that is exactly the reaction that Brian and Angela both had. I was a little more excited and intrigued when I found this recipe in a book a couple months back. I kept sitting on it and waiting for the right time to spring it on the family. My parents had purchased a bag of Lays Classic Potato Chips while they were her so I figured these could be the first cookie to grace the cookie jar for 2010. Here is a picture of my dough all full of coarsely crushed potato chips, my rolling pin (what I crushed them with), the potato chip bag and my little helper who ate chips.

This shows the first beautiful batch to come out of the oven.

Brian said they taste sort of like a chocolate chip cookie (I didn't really think so). They have a slight chewiness and no crunch like you might think. There are also butterscotch chips in them. The sweet and salty of both types of chips makes a great combination. I love the look of a full cookie jar - it is a testament of love.

Then standing guard over the cookie jar is my cute cookie making snow lady. I received her from a swap that I participated in before Christmas. My partner must have read up on me and seen that I like snowman, that I like to bake and that I make cookies a lot because she is wearing her apron, holding a cookie and a cookie recipe book. Even though she is wearing Christmas colors I decided to leave her out, she makes me smile. Thank you so much Melissa!

1 comment:

Ruhammie said...

I actually made some a couple of years ago and took them into work, everybody thought the same thing but they all got eaten...I'll have to compare recipes with you. The one thing I didn't like that I noticed, when they go stale, they have the Lay Chip stale-ness to them. :)