Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm listening God

This morning we had an 8:20 AM appointment. Normally we don't schedule our appointments until 9:00 so that we are not rushed; but alas, not so today. I was rushing to get Angela ready and out the door as well as getting myself and the boys ready and out the door. At 8:00 Emeric is crying because I am not holding him. Connor is crying because he wants me to put on his sandals and I am trying to pack the diaper bag for a morning out of the house. As the volume of both boys is increasing and I am trying to tell them to knock it off, I can not handle this screaming this early in the morning; I run to grab a book. You know you always should have one when you leave the house, you never know when you'll have a few minutes to read. This was a new book so I grabbed a bookmark too. It reads, "This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24. Okay, I'm listening God - Thank you that my boys are alive and healthy and that their lungs work. After offering up my quick prayer we raced out to start our day. It sure was funny how he placed that bookmark in my hand to change around my view of the day. Thank you Lord for setting me straight!

No comments: