Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Librarian Saved

This past Sunday afternoon, the local Portage children’s librarian was on her way home from Neenah after visiting some family. This hour and 45 minute drive usually passes without any difficulty. That is until Sunday's drive when her van broke down. After assessing the situation she grabbed her cell phone and then reached into the trunk for her emergency roadside kit. Making sure she had all the necessary items for survival: jack, tire iron, spare tire, flares, jumper cables, gloves, first aid kit, silverware and Laci's Pies; she contentedly sat and waited for the tow truck to arrive.
 

Laci: this one's for you!! I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm not happy that my van has died on the side of the road ... I'm waiting for a tow truck & decide to eat what's left of my rhubard pie!!!

2 comments:

bindijean said...

That is just the coolest thing.

Ruhammie said...

That's hilarious!!! Sorry her van broke down but at least she had a sense of humor about it, it seems.