Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Every Thursday, a friend of mine posts on her facebook page, "It is Thankful Thursday, what are you thankful for?"  So my blog posting for today is a 'Thankful Thursday' posting (in no specific order).

I am thankful for Christ Jesus: and the sacrifice he gave of dying for me.  Everyday I am washed clean because of this and his grace is new every morning.  I need that new grace as I am no where near perfect.

I am thankful for my husband: Brian was and is a huge blessing to me.  I know that he was made specifically for me because there is no one else in this world that could put up with me.  I love him with my whole heart and can't imagine spending the next 80 years with anyone else.

I am thankful for my children: each and everyone of them.  They all try my patience in their own special way, but they also teach me about love in their own special way.  They have made my life so much richer and fuller than I ever thought it could be.

I am thankful for my parents: and all the love the show through everything.  It was so amazing to see them over the holidays.  I wouldn't be the woman am I today if it wasn't for the things they taught me.

I am thankful for my brother: that "butt head".  Childhood would have been rather boring had it been only me.  I appreciate all the time I am able to spend with him since it is so few and far between.

I am thankful for my parents in-law: what a blessing.  I have been given a wonderful set of "other parents" and I hope that I will be able to learn as much from them as I have from my mom and dad.

I am thankful for my friends: both in WA and in WI.  Whether friends for a season or friends for the road I have cherished all the time with each and everyone of you.

I am thankful for my health: and fitness.  I decided last summer that I wanted to be healthier for my 10 year high school reunion.  I started working out 3-4 times per week and trying to eat a little less and a little healthier.  Since that change I have lost about 40 pounds and gone from a size 12 to a size 4.  It was something that I never thought I could do and it has been so freeing for me. 

If you are thankful for something and you want to share, feel free to put it in the comments section or send me an e-mail.  I would love to touch basis with you.  Happy Thursday. 

No comments: