Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Summer

This summer has been crazy busy.  Not the busy of vacationing and sports and camps etc. that a lot of families have done but other things.  We were moving, learning our new area(s), driving across the state, camping, moving, driving across the state, unpacking and just living the daily monotony.  Sometimes when I think of it, it sounds awful but I have really had a great summer. 
 
We moved into the campground and spent two weeks there.  Then for the 4th of July, we spent a week camping on the beach.  It was beautiful sunny weather.  The temperature was in the high 90s to low 100s the entire week.  We ate, swam, boated, ate some more, played, drank and just had a wonderful time.  It was the kids and I (because Brian had to work - although he did join us for the end of the week), my parents, my brother, then two of my aunts and uncles.  On the 4th my two cousins, their spouses and three nieces and nephews showed up.  Plus a handful of other family and friends.  It was one busy beach.  The following week we stayed at my parents house and the kids participated in VBS. 
 
Next up, two more weeks in the camper.  Then Brian and I got our weekend away.  My parents took the kids for a week.  That was great for Brian and I to have that time together.  We went out and enjoyed each other.  We also worked super hard to find our rental house.  I then went to my parents house for two weeks.  The kids had swimming lessons then.  At the end of the two weeks we loaded all of our things up to move to the coast (more on that in a later post). 
 
There you go, in three paragraphs you have got an entire Jamison summer!  Crazy! 
 
 Angela colored the boys with chalk so one is blue and the other is red.
 
 Walking the plank!
 
 Another one off the plank.
 
 Driving Grandpa's pontoon boat.
 
 Jumping off the high dive on the last day of swimming lessons.
 
Playing "Killer Whale" at swimming lessons.  Emeric is dead center in the goggles and Connor is just to the right of him with his back to us.

No comments: