Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

As the weeks turned into days before Easter, I was filled with a little trepidation. The last few years Easter has been an extended family event for us. This year it was going to be just the four of us. I wasn't too sure how happy I was about that. So, I got active! We were part of a brunch and egg hunt at church and we invited a military wife and her two girls to dinner with us. Their husband/father is deployed right now so hopefully it was a win-win for all of us. They weren't home without him and I had more people in my house so it wasn't so quiet. We started the morning with a hunt for the Easter baskets. They were sitting on the dinning room table and Angela walked past them a couple of different times. The kids got hats, fun little balls that light up, silly putty, Connor got two toy motorcycles, Angela got a pretty headband, and of course the requisite chocolate bunnies. Before we could even think of breakfast Angela had the curtains open and was finding eggs. So we got outside and had an Easter egg hunt. They each found a dollar bill and some change plus much candy and some gum. Then we were off to the brunch, egg hunt and service at church. For Easter dinner I had planned to have ham, Au gratin potatoes, Chris' broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, potato rolls, deviled eggs, jell-0 beans, banana cream pie and peach pie. I had it perfectly timed out for when everything needed to start cooking and go into the oven so at 4 PM dinner would be ready. But of course something went wrong because at 4 o'clock when the company arrived I realized that I had forgotten to even make the Au gratin potatoes, oops! I was ready to quickly make them but Brian and Kris (our guest) said not to even worry about it. Regardless of my little blunder dinner turned out really good. Angela, Connor and the two other girls ate quick and spent a lot of time running around and having fun. Brian and I each got to talk to our families that evening, so overall Easter 2009 turned out really well.
And lets not forget the reason for the day: Christ is risen, He is risen indeed!

No comments: