Monday, August 30, 2010

The Nice Nines

This past Friday Angela turned 9! 

I am a bit in shock that she is 9, the shock did not come until after a phone call from my mother.  She proceeded to remind me that next year Angela will be in double digits and that she is now half way to 18 (scary). 

Angela and I were talking about ages and she talked about terrible twos and I said they are also terrible threes.  We were trying to come up with a name for the nines and the first thing to come to mind were the naughty nines and I said we were not going to have a year of naughty.  She came up with the nice nines, so far she is right.

She had a really good birthday.  She woke up to a breakfast of waffles with fresh strawberry jam.  That afternoon was spent at the beach.  She was able to bring a friend and the two of them splashed and swam and played till they were exhausted from the water and sun.  We had a dinner of ravioli in alfredo sauce with cauliflower and sausage.  Then we got to enjoy her hamburger birthday cake.
Last year she had a french fry birthday cake and this year the hamburger.  I wonder what next year will bring?  Her birthday was finished up by opening up her birthday presents.  She received: some shirts, a jacket, a watch, a dress, a cd, some jewlery, rollerblades, a fur real kitten, lots of books, two zhu-zhu pets and a barbie.  (If I missed something - sorry).
All in all I think she had a really good birthday.  We are super proud of her and who she has grown into these past nine years.  We are really looking forward to seeing what this next year will bring for her.

No comments: