Friday, January 30, 2009

Redneck Seafood

My friend, Ruhammie, sent me an e-mail today titled "Redneck Seafood." Attached was this photo. Obviously nothing else was needed to describe this, but it had the famous line of, "I don't care who you are, that's funny!" So right it was, I laughed and laughed, almost peeing myself. I quickly responded that we were having seafood tonight.

Well, true to my word, I sent Brian and the kids to the store for all the ingredients. Now some of you may think I sent all of them so I could have a little peace and quiet. That is just not true, Brian has been working long hours this week and I am sure he and the kids would enjoy this time together. We quickly made up the macaroni and cheese and heated the green beans. We decided to cut the hot dogs before cooking so that hopefully the "legs" would curl. Our octopus/squids inked red ink instead of the traditional dark ink. Ketchup was just something the kids wouldn't pass up. We all had a lot of fun making and playing with our dinners. Oh, and as a side note, yes, my mother did teach me not to play with my food, but it is just so much more fun.

No comments: