Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year Thought

I got a new workout video for Christmas.  It is a Jillian Michaels video and I am really enjoying it, but this post is not about that exactly.  My first day using the video I was quite distracted trying to pay attention to the new exercises and trying not to step on Emeric, that I did not hear a lot of her idle commentary.  Then yesterday I heard something she said and I really liked it, except once I was done with the video and an hour later into my day I had forgotten it.  So today when I heard it I thought hard about it and then wrote it down.  She said:

"Transformation is not a future event, it is a present activity!"

I don't know if this is an original quote from her or if she picked it up from someone else.  Truly it doesn't matter to me where it came from I just liked hearing it.  I immediately thought of it in regards to my exercising, remember that is what I was doing when I heard it.  But quickly after that I started thinking of it in regards to other areas of my life.  I have an entire unwritten list of things I would like to do and to learn and to see, etc.  If I keep thinking that some day (future) I will get to it I more than likely never will.  Thus staying stagnant and the same.  I need to work to get my transforming to happen now (present) that way I will get to learning new things and growing in positive ways.  The only problem...deciding what thing to work on first?

No comments: