Tuesday, September 20, 2011

2 Years Old

There you go!  Two years old! 


Emeric, the baby of my three kids, is not so much of a baby anymore.  It was a bit of an up and down day for his birthday.  It is a good thing he is still young and won't remember this day.  When I went to get him out of bed I found that he had thrown up sometime during the night.  I got him cleaned up and the big kids dropped of to school.  Emeric and I were just getting ready to have some playtime when the school called.  Connor had thrown up at school (not even 20 minutes after dropping him off) and we need to pick him up and bring him home.  What a way to start the day!  Brian ended up getting the day off from work due to the fact that it was raining.  That was wonderful in a way since he got to spend the day with us.  I am glad when rain days happen but also glad that they don't happen all of the time.  We let him open a present at lunch, then two at snack time and the rest at dinner time.  



At first he didn't want to rip into the paper.  Maybe it is because he gets into trouble if he rips books?  I made him a balloon cake.  It was super simple.  Partly because I had been sick on Sunday and was trying to recoup yesterday.  I wasn't going to even make him a cake, but I figured for principles sack I needed to.  So I opted on a simple cake.  Plus, lately, Emeric has really been into balloons. 



When we showed it to him he instantly knew what it was.  He didn't want to blow out the candles.  Brian had to help him.  Then he wanted to spend more time chewing on the plastic balloons than eating his cake.  Just before bedtime we got to Skype with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Tyler.  That was a lot of fun for the kids although they did not have the patience to sit and talk for very long.  It ended up being a very quiet, but nice day to celebrate our little boy turning "Two"!   

No comments: