Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Week at the Jamison's (Saturday)

Saturday 2.27.10
Today has been one low key day from beginning to end.  We all got a slow start to the day.  After breakfast the kids got to watch some Saturday morning cartoons.  Part of the morning was spent with Connor playing with Play-Doh and Angela coloring and decoding some jokes.  Just before lunch Brian took all three kids to the car wash and washed my car.  During naptime Angela read a book and then she and I played Monopoly Jr. (it might be time to get Monopoly for the family).  The five of us ended up playing Oregon Trail on the computer.  It brought back a lot of memories for Brian and I.  Then it was time to make dinner.  What an ordeal, we waited until late to start it and every option we picked took a little bit more time than we expected.  We ended up having mashed potatoes, grilled chicken, chicken gravy and grapes.  We bathed both boys and sent them off to bed.  Angela has been having some really good morning so she earned herself a dip in the hot tub with dad.  They had been in there for quite some time when I heard a loud noise outside.  Shortly after that Angela came in saying I needed to go outside that dad got hurt.  By time I got to the door he was just coming in.  A large piece of ice had slid off of the roof and landed on his shoulder/head.  His head has a few scrapes on it but otherwise wasn't hurt too bad.  His shoulder, on the other hand, he says hurts really bad.  He took some pain killer and is going to try and sleep it off.  Thankfully Angela was on the other side of the hot tub and did not get hit at all.  This will take some action on our part to make sure it does not happen again. 
Well this was a week at the Jamison's - hope you enjoyed seeing a little piece of our lives!  


Jen said...

Oh my! This could have been really bad. I hope the husband is okay! Glad it wasn't your sweet girl, Dads are a pinch tougher. Just a pinch but we won't tell Angela until she is an adult! Hope Sunday wasn't awful!

Ruhammie said...

Holy cow! That was a scary close call!! How is he doing now? Miss you!