Monday, February 1, 2010

Angel Food Cake

I have always wanted to try and make an angel food cake but it requires a dozen egg whites. I thought it was silly to buy a dozen eggs to use them all in a cake. But then the other day as I was baking pies I ended up with nine extra egg whites, so really what is three more? I might as well give it a try! I made the angel food cake out of my new Betty Crocker cookbook. I then put a vanilla glaze on it, fresh fruit is not quite in season but that would be my next pick. I took it to a church potluck on Sunday evening. We were near the front of the line and were able to get a piece to share and good thing too, there was none left when I went back. It seems to have turned out well. I guess I will be buying those dozen eggs after all.
[Side Note: I was working on making a batch of cookies.  I had my first dozen out of the oven when I heard a sizzle and a pop.  I opened up the oven and the element looked funny, so I turned it off to let it cool down.  After it was cool I took a look inside, my lower element had broken in two.  By time Brian got home and looked it had broken in another two places.  I really don't think that is what is supposed to happen to my oven!  I have things to bake in there darn it!] 


1 comment:

Jen said...

Hello. I will totally give my take on all Super Bowl entertainment. I only watch it for the commercials or if the Patriots are playing. What does that say about me? My take will be available the day or so after it. First I'll have to shower because I feel so dirty after I watch this junk. Yet, I still watch it!